Posts for tag: Ultherapy
What is Ultherapy?
Ultherapy is the new non-surgical facelift alternative now available at A E Skin.
How does Ultherapy work?
Ultherapy works using ultrasound technology, the same technology used to visualize the bellies of expectant mothers. But with Ultherapy there are three beams of ultrasound: one to visualize the skin and two more to focus the energy. The ultrasound in Ultherapy is used to deliver focused and targeted energy to form new, fresh, and healthy collagen in the deeper layers of the skin. Because the ultrasound gives Dr. Alex the ability to see the layers of the skin, he is able to target different layers of skin without affecting the surface layers. These are the same layers of the skin that are treated with a surgical facelift, but instead of putting a big surgical bandage on the skin as in surgery, with Ultherapy we stimulate the body to naturally produce collagen, so you never get a result that looks unnatural. Most people do only one Ultherapy treatment. Results of an Ultherapy treatment are seen approximately three to six months after the treatment and most people enjoy their Ultherapy results for a few years. Recovery after an Ultherapy treatment is usually very easy; most people resume their normal activities right away.
What is an Ultherapy transducer?
The transducer on the Ultherapy device is the part of the handpiece that makes contact with the skin. Importantly, Ultherapy transducers allow Dr. Alex to target the ultrasound energy at different depths in the skin. There are three depths available: 4.5 mm, 3.0 mm, and 1.5 mm. The 1.5 mm transducer is optional for most areas that are treated.
What areas can be treated with Ultherapy?
Ultherapy can be used to tighten the skin anywhere from the forehead down to the upper chest. Trials are underway to test the safety and efficacy of Ultherapy in other areas. Dr. Alex recommends having an Ultherapy treatment on one or two areas at a time. This is because the treatment involves a lot including numbing for one hour, taking medications to keep you comfortable, and the ultrasound pulses itself. Areas include forehead (brow lift), crows feet (around the eyes), under-eyes, cheeks, lips, under the jaw (submental), lower neck, and chest.
Is Ultherapy the same in all offices?
This is a very common myth. Just because a certain office offers the Ultherapy technology does not mean the treatment and results are the same. Just like a haircut, it depends who is doing it. All hair stylists have scissors, but some are clearly better than others. Similarly, with Ultherapy, the person doing the treatment is an important factor. Is it a doctor, nurse, technician, assistant? What is the level of experience and expertise of the person doing the Ultherapy treatment? Does the person doing the Ultherapy treatment use basic techniques or more advanced techniques? Is the person familiar with the aesthetics of the face? Does the person do other aesthetic treatments such as Botox, Juvederm, Restylane, Voluma, and laser treatments? At A E Skin, Dr. Alex performs all of the Ultherapy treatments himself. He has years of experience in cosmetics and has performed thousands of cosmetic treatments with many satisfied patients.
What is special about Dr. Alex's Ultherapy technique?
After being trained on Ultherapy by experts, Dr. Alex has used his expertise in cosmetics and laser surgery to make certain modifications when performing an Ultherapy treatment. First, Dr. Alex uses higher Ultherapy energy settings when doing the treatment. There are generally four Ultherapy energy settings with the default level of 2. Dr. Alex uses level 4 if the patient tolerates it. Most patients tolerate this Ultherapy setting because we numb the skin for one hour and provide medications to make our patients comfortable. Second, Dr. Alex always adds the optional 1.5 mm Ultherapy transducer because this focuses the energy in the surface layers of the skin as well as the deeper layers. With these modifications we have found that patients get better Ultherapy results. This type of Ultherapy treatment involves more time and more pulses of energy, and since the pricing depends on the number of pulses, the investment is slightly more. But the Ultherapy results you get at A E Skin make the investment worth it.
When can I have my Ultherapy treatment?
The non-surgical brow lift using Ultherapy is now available at A E Skin. One of the most common signs of aging and concerns we get is heaviness in the brow and upper eyelid. This gives the appearance of being tired and old. Of course, a surgical brow lift is the perfect solution. But as you know surgery has its drawbacks including surgical scars, anesthesia, recovery time, and a high expense. Over the past decade or so, Botox has been used to improve the appearance of a brow, but Botox requires regular maintenance treatments every three to four months. Now with the power of ultrasound energy, we can achieve results comparable to a surgical or Botox brow lift without these down sides. What happens naturally over time is that collagen in the skin is lost due to sun damage and other factors. Collagen is the protein that keeps the skin firm and tight. Consequently, the skin becomes loose and saggy and we see signs of aging such as a heavy brow, wrinkles, and loss of jawline definition. Ultherapy harnesses the power of ultrasound to deliver focused and targeted energy in the deep layers of the skin. This stimulates the skin to produce new collagen, tightening the skin and providing that youthful appearance we all desire. The layers addressed with an Ultherapy treatment are the same layers that are tightened with a surgery. But since Ultherapy is completely non-invasive and non-surgical you don’t have to worry about scars, risk of anesthesia, recovery time, or large investments. Another benefit of the Ultherapy brow lift treatment (or any Ultherapy treatment for that matter) is that you won’t look “done,” or look like you had plastic surgery. Instead you will look refreshed and rejuvenated, and your friends will comment that you look well rested, like you just came back from a vacation. Additionally, instead of pulling and putting on a bandage as in surgery, with Ultherapy your body will form its own natural collagen, giving a more natural result. The safety of Ultherapy has been proven as over 100,000 Ultherapy treatments have been done worldwide and the Ultherapy treatment is cleared by the FDA. There are many non-surgical skin tightening treatments with light, lasers, and radiofrequency, but Ultherapy stands apart from the rest for a few reasons. First, with Ultherapy we actually visualize the layer that we are treating rather than blindly treating multiple layers of the skin. Second, instead of treating multiple layers of the skin, the exact layer is targeted. And perhaps most importantly, Ultherapy penetrates to the deep layer of the skin, the areas that previously have only been tightened with surgery; other devices do not go this deep. The brow lift treatment is very fast; it takes less than 30 minutes. You will see your result slowly over the course of three to six months and enjoy your results for a few years, so you don’t need maintenance as with Botox. At A E Skin, patient comfort is very important, which is why we provide numbing cream and medications by mouth to keep you comfortable during the treatment. Some of these medications can make you sleepy, so you will need someone to drive you home after the treatment. Recovery after an Ultherapy treatment is easy. Some people have temporary redness, swelling, bruising, or tingling. But most people resume their normal activities right away. Click here for more information on Ultherapy at A E Skin. Contact us for a free consultation with Dr. Alex.
Face it, we all hate those wrinkles that form on the face and other areas over time. Here are ten tips to prevent and reduce those unwanted wrinkles.
- Sunscreen. Use a sunscreen with a minimun SPF of 30 everyday. This will help prevent further damage and keep the wrinkles from getting worse. If you don't use sunscreen, you're fighting an uphill battle. The Elta MD sunscreens are outstanding choices.
- Retinoids. Retinoid products such as retinol and retin-A will stimulate collagen production, which naturally slows down over time. This new collagen will tighten up those wrinkles. The A E Skin Brightening Cream contains retin-A with two other brightening agents.
- Antioxidants. Antioxidants such as vitamin C help reduce the damage caused by sun, chemicals, and polution in the air. The damage causes breakdown of collagen via free radicals. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals and block this. Vitamin C is also a cofactor for collagen formation. The A E Skin Triple Antioxidant Serum contains the most active form of vitamin C and is prepared so that it penetrates into the deep layers of the skin effectively.
- Healthy Lifestyle. The importance of a healthy lifestyle cannot be overemphasized. This includes eating a healthy diet, drinking enough water, exercising regularly, getting enough sleep, and avoiding bad habits such as smoking. Smoking has been shown to cause wrinkles in the skin in twin studies.
- Botox. Botox is a quick and easy treatment to address wrinkles that are formed when we make facial expressions. The most common areas treated with Botox are the horizontal lines on the forehead seen when we raise our eyebrows, the vertical lines between the brows seen when we frown, and the crows feet around the eyes seen when we smile. Results from a Botox treatment can be seen in as early as a few days and you will enjoy your results for three to four months. Click here to watch a Botox treatment demonstration video.
- Voluma. Voluma is one of the newer fillers now available for mid-face enhancement. Voluma replaces the volume and structure that is lost in the cheeks naturally over time. This pulls the lower half of the face up and gives you back the apple of your cheeks. Often times after a Voluma treatment, the lift can be seen right away and you will enjoy your results for up to two years.
- Juvederm. Juvederm is perhaps the best filler for treating the smile lines, the lines that go from the sides of the nose to the corners of the mouth. Sometimes these lines continue all the way to the jawline. When combined with Voluma, Juvederm treatments will provide you with a refreshed, healthy, and rested appearance. You will enjoy your Juvederm results for up to 15 months.
- Ultherapy. Ultherapy is an exciting non-surgical facelift alternative that uses the power of ultrasound to provide focused and targeted energy to stimulate new, fresh, and healthy collagen into the deeper layers of the skin without any recovery time. Results with Ultherapy are seen over three to six months after a treatment and you will enjoy your results for a few years.
- Laser Skin Tightening. Laser skin tightening is a great way to reduce those fines lines and wrinkles as well as enlarged pores. It also works well on redness and broken capillaries. There is no down time and most people do a series of three to six treatments every two weeks for best results.
- Fractional Laser. Fractional laser treatments such as the Pro Fractional Therapy create microscopic holes in the skin. These holes create a tiny wound, and the body reacts to the wound by building new collagen. Since the whole skin surface is not treated, the recovery is much shorter than traditional laser resurfacing treatments. On the other hand, more treatments are required.
A E Skin held our third annual Evening of Glamour on Tuesday March 31, 2015 at 6 PM in our office. This was an outstanding opportunity for our patients to learn about our new treatments and take advantage of exclusive specials. As usual we had light refreshments, photo opportunities on the Red Carpet, an exciting raffle with prizes including skin care products and treatments, and gift bags for all of our guests. This year we featured Voluma and Ultherapy, two new and exciting treatments that address age-related changes in the face. Voluma is a new dermal filler made by the same company that makes Botox which provides the youthful volume and structure to the upper cheek, providing an instant lift. People get instant results and enjoy their results for up to two years. Ultherapy uses ultrassound to provide focused and targeted energy to stimulate new, fresh, and healthy collagen in the deep laters of the skin. These are the same layers addressed with a surgical facelift, but without the incisions, anesthesia, and recovery time. Most people have a single treatment. Results are seen in three to six months and people enjoy their results for a few years. The combination of Voluma and Ultherapy provides an outstanding non-surgical facelift The highlight of the night was a live demonstration of Ultherapy on an actual patient. Everyone had a great time and we are excited to treat all of our patients. Our next event will be our Botox Bonanza on Tuesday April 28, 2015 and Thursday April 30, 2015. Contact us to schedule an appointment.